SHieldA aka Kristine Helen Falgren
Had you asked me when I was a kid if I wanted to be a CEO and work with start-ups and entrepreneurs when I grew up, I would most likely not have known what either a start-up or an entrepreneur was and I would have answered you no. Had you asked me whether I wanted to work with tech, I would definably have said no!
I would have said no, because I wouldn’t have known then what I know now; that tech in itself is not the end goal – it’s a means to an end – a tool with which you can do great things. Good examples of that is two different start-ups, which I have been lucky to work with. Both of these start-ups, use tech to empower children with ADHD and to improve their lives. How cool is that!
What I Iove most about my job, is that it is extremely varied and all of the wonderful people that I get to meet; some of my work requires a lot of research and concentration – for example when you need to grasp a new technology and try to figure out how it could be used. At other times I need to be really outgoing (wasn’t easy in the beginning) and go out to meet new people at conferences and even abroad. I am also trusted with a lot of freedom to direct my work but of course also a lot of responsibility. It is perfectly ok though as it is so much fun J
In my spare time I like to:
• Travel; the nicest place I have ever visited was Monet’s garden in Giverny.
• Go to art museums and gallerier; my favourite artists are Cy Twombly and Antoni Tàpies.
• Nourish my passion for everything related to cooking (especially eating it at nice restaurants).
• Dream about owning a farm-house surrounded by beautiful nature. I have this idea, that it would be awesome to be a self-sufficient farmer one day.
• My favourite band is Echo & The Bunnymen.
• My favourite movie is Ella Enchanted and Steel Magnolias.
Recommended reading (Most of them are supposedly children’s books, but I think they can be read at all ages) :)