Scriptrix aka Monica Hubele
In my spare time...
- Read everything and anything I can get my hands on from fantasy and comics through to academic journals.
- Write, both horror and fantasy, short-stories and novel-length.
- Archery and Muay Thai.
- Play games, but with a games design degree that sort of goes without saying.
- Brainstorm, design and eventually program small games to keep my skills up and for fun.
- Cook. A lot. Probably too much but then again, my housemates never complain.
Freelance Game Developer
It's been a bit of a strange road to get to where I am at the moment. Starting with a psychology degree I wasn’t happy with and the decision to sign on for another three years (and then a subsequent honors year) of games design which I stressed about for weeks but am now incredibly glad I made.
With seven years of university behind me and a nice collection of papers on my desk, I now spend most of my time working between my own game projects and freelance I.T. work. It’s not something I thought I would be doing when I left high school but I couldn’t be happier. The variable schedule and the ability to do most of my work from home means I rarely get bored, I’m always challenged and have time to work on my own things in my free time. Being able to work in my pyjamas is definitely a plus too on the days I don’t need to go anywhere.
Recommended reading (in no particular order - obligatory caution that some of these have adult themes but I've tried to keep it mostly teenage-friendly)